27 April 2012
Canon has released a firmware update for the Canon 5D Mark III digital camera.
The firmware update incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Supports a new accessory, GPS receiver GP-E2.
- Fixes a phenomenon where a pink cast may develop over the image when the shutter is completely pressed with the camera’s power turned off (by the auto power off setting).
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera operation stops after one shot when shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon where the Shooting Date/Time in the EXIF data of the image shows a later time than the actual shooting time.
- Fixes the time zone for the Samoa Islands.
- Corrects errors in the Finnish menu screen.
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware up to version 1.0.7.
You can download the firmware from the Canon USA website, by click here. First, select your operating system and then your operating system version and follow the on-screen instructions to get the firmware.